Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Sony Action Cam for Metal Detecting

I've been carrying a tripod and video camera around since this spring and I don't mind saying "I started to hate videoing my hunts." Trying to hold a digging shovel and tripod in one hand and swing my machine in the other was a pain. I looked at all the POV video cameras out and really liked the Sony. I have used Sony products for years and have had good luck with them.

At this point, I have decided on mounting the cam on my headphones. This option gives me the best actual POV that does not hinder my normal swing. The cam is out of the way. It did take a few mounting attempts to get the angle right, but I think I have it just about right now. Anyone that videos their metal detecting outings should consider this option. It gives you the ability to film your entire process from getting the target signal, digging target and recovery. All of us that watch YouTube videos of metal detecting love it when we see a nice coin come popping out of the ground somewhat "LIVE." As if we were there...

Here is a short video on how I have mine mounted:


JCJ

No comments:

Post a Comment